Wednesday 14 March 2012

Personal Logo Design

The first stage of developing my personal logo was to start with a digital mood board. This would consist of a collection of digital imagery that I could use in order to represent myself to an employee, and other people. The main task that I had in mind was to express myself as an Animator and/or Designer within the multimedia computer software industry.
The mood board below consists of a collection of different types of images that range from design logos to personal designer logos.

These logos and designs all have a main sector in common. They all represent drawings and design. In the first stages of designing most of it is done on paper with ink. For my personal logo and perhaps a theme that I will be using throughout my portfolio is a theme of an ink splatter. By keeping to an ink theme enables me to develop a theme that could be based on just black and white. However, when creating a mood board in order to find colour matches I particularly liked a colour mix of black for the representation of Ink and green, my favourite colour. Green is a fresh colour, representing fresh designs with a pure rich colour.

So I have created a logo that I feel would represent me as an Animator as well as an IT Multimedia Graphics Designer using the first letter of my name within a black ink splatter. It was difficult to construct a logo that would incorporate both animation and design as they are both different methods of creation within the multimedia industry. I have then been able to incorporate the rest of my name using a Lucida Handwriting type font with ink dripping from the lettering. This will give the impression that the logo has been freshly created and has a connection or bond with designing with the aid of ink. This logo will be both incorporated into the design and structure of my CV and Business card.

Logo Symbol


The Logo Incorporated into my name. This will be used within my Portfolio, CV and Business Card Designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment